Copenhagen International School is an inclusive school.
Our Student Support Services Department offers multi-faceted--and coordinated--options to help students experience improved access to their academic programs while attending our school.
The Primary School Student Study Team (SST), and the Middle and High School Student Study Teams (SST) function as a type of clearing-house for much of the work in Student Support Services.
For admissions purposes, the Student Support Services Department works closely with the Admission office.
If your child currently receives support in the school he/she is enrolled in, you are kindly requested to inquire before starting the application process whether CIS may be able to continue the required support.
In order for us to conduct a solid review of your child’s learning profile, the following documents need to be forwarded to us in due time before your anticipated application:
- The most recent Evaluation Report (s) (no more than three years old)
- Most recently signed Individual Education Plan; I.E.P/International Individual Learning Plan, I.I.L.P; and
- Academic Progress Reports from the past two years.
The documents will assist us in making a decision if we can support your child’s educational needs. We may also request a Skype interview with you, your child and / or the teachers currently working with your child, in order to have a clearer picture of what is required for him/her to be successful in our school. Once the pre-review is completed, we will let you know the next steps.
We offer programmatic support at four levels within our school:
- Mild: All supports are provided within the regular classroom;
- Moderate: The student is supported by a combination of co-taught, small group instruction, and one-on-one instruction by a Learning Support Teacher and/or Learning Support Assistant (LSA). Other support services may include: Organizational Support and Counseling. The student is regularly supported both in- and outside the class;
- Intensive: The student is supported both in- and outside the class and requires an LSA for one-on-one assistance. There may also be individually designed opportunities for inclusion;
- Intensive Plus: The student receives support at the intensive level, plus receives substantial additional support from the LSA in order to make effective progress on I.I.L.P. goals.
The School Year 2016/17 costs associated with each level of support are:
- Moderate: DKK 40,000
- Intensive: DKK 70,000
- Intensive Plus: DKK 225,000