Sign up links 2017/2018
- Boys and Girls NECIS sign ups link.
- Boys and GIrls Grand Prix Basketball sign ups link
- Girls Grand P
rixVolleyball sign ups link
- Boys and Girls Kids Volley sign ups link
- Boys and Girls Football Winter Season CIS Sports Club/Skjold Hawks sign ups link
- WINTER PRACTICE SCHEDULE (November 15 - March 19) 2017-2018
- NECIS U12/U14 Girls Basketball - First Practice November 16 (U12 Girls 16.30-18.00 on November 21)
- NECIS U12/U14 Boys Basketball - First Practice November 16/17
- NECIS JV/Varsity Boys and Girls Basketball - First Practice November 15
- Boys Winter Football Season U12,U14, U17 Boys teams - First practice week of November 20
For more team information, please go to Team Pages.
Welcome to Sports at CIS
Building Resilience, Teamwork and Integrity
Welcome to the Copenhagen International School Athletics Program for 2017-2018. The Athletics Program provides opportunities for students to develop their potential in sports while participating in a competitive and fun environment.
CIS recognizes that sport is one of the best vehicles by which we foster essential life skills that prepare our students for the educational experience and their final journey into adult life!
The Athletics Program aims to
fosterin students the life skills of collaboration, commitment, discipline, perseverance, self-reliance, teamwork and sportsmanship: the qualities of resilience, teamwork and integrity. educatestudents about the importance of an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle. promoteand develop the IBO Learner profile that guides our daily interaction with our athletes. Those principles guide our students to be Enquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-minded, Caring, Risk-takers, Balanced and Reflective. instillin our students a passion for sport that promotes a positive and inspiring school environment.
To achieve our objectives, CIS is a member of NECIS, the Northern European Council of International Schools. NECIS organizes international tournaments where schools from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg meet to compete in a variety of sports. Participation in the NECIS Athletics Program is open primarily to grade 5 through grade 12 although swimming may include students from grade 4.
Additionally, through the CIS Sports Club, students in grades 1-12 are given opportunities to participate in organized practices and competitions against local Danish Sports Clubs.
Whether NECIS or the CIS Sports Club, students must commit to two practices a week with games on the weekend. Those selected to the NECIS teams must also commit to the final NECIS tournaments held in a variety of international venues across Northern Europe.
Finally, CIS prides itself on the quality of our coaches who not only effectively teach the fundamentals of the
The Athletics Department looks forward to another fun and rewarding experience this year as we take on the fierce competition.