Parking is available in the lot adjacent to campus (137 spaces.)
Fees apply to the car park and rates are set by Copenhagen Kommune. The first 30 minutes are free but please remember to get a ticket at the machine anyway or use the easy:park app. The code for the CIS car park is 4173.
Under the 15 minute signs along the car park, you can park for 15 minutes for free. No ticket is needed but please remember to set your parking clock!
Updated January 30 2017
Clipper are happy for us to use the overhang by the empty half of the Clipper building a little further down Sundkrogsgade towards the city. This provides a nice shelter from the wind and rain and as the building is empty for the time being, we're not going to disturb anyone. But please still respect the fact that it's private property and ask (your) children to stay out of the flower beds and act responsibly.
Updated March 1 2017
Installation of the traffic lights at the island crossing has now been completed! It's an automatic system that detects pedestrians and bikers waiting to cross and then changes the lights.
A big THANK YOU to the many dedicated parent and staff volunteers who helped students cross safely while the lights were being installed!
Updated May 17 2017
On-going dialogue with local authorities
LATEST NEWS: On a monthly basis, starting in late March, members of the CIS Administration will meet with representatives of Copenhagen Kommune and By & Havn to discuss and hopefully solve relevant traffic issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated March 17 2017
The local area (Levantkaj, Stubbeløbgade and Sundkrogsgade) is owned by By & Havn. But Copenhagen Kommune (and the Copenhagen police) are the road authorities.
Before the Nordhavn Campus opened, the school contacted all major road users arund Sundkrogsgade, including the Container Port, the Cruise Terminal and the Metro Company. Posters and flyers were created to let drivers know of the school's existence and we're in regular contact with all of these organizations, reporting back to them whenever we observe dangerous situations, such as drivers speeding or using handheld mobiles - and whenever we witness commendable conduct on the part of drivers which is fortunately the norm.
Members of the CIS Administration keep an ongoing dialogue with both the Kommune and By & Havn. Among the issues that we are working on are:
- At the intersection of Sundkrogsgade and Helsinkigade (adjacent to PFA headquarters): The bike lane has been repainted but there is no pedestrian crossing·
- Complicated rules apply to this intersection: Bikes have the right of way when crossing, hence the blue marking, but pedestrians don’t. They must wait until there are no cars.
- Once the traffic lights are established, the recommended/safest route is to cross Sundkrogsgade down by the PFA and then to walk to school on the north side of Sundkrogsgade and cross at the traffic light by Stubbeløbgade. Thus pedestrians can avoid having to cross the two intersections on the south side.
- "Ny skole" (New School) signs have been put up and we are in contact with all major road users (Container Terminal, Metro Company and Cruise Terminal) to ensure that truck drivers know we exist and that they take extra care;
- We have requested (and been promised) more frequent and more thorough cleaning of Sundkrogsgade because of the many trucks transporting dirt from the Metro building site. (P.S. The number of these trucks will decrease in coming weeks as the Metro is fully excavated); the road will be swept three times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). By & Havn will also regularly pressure-wash the road;
- Cars turning the corner at Stubbeløbgade in the morning: It is quite difficult for drivers to see those bikes who continue straight on Sundkrogsgade. The striping of the bike lane has been approved by Copenhagen Kommune and will not be changed. However, a lot of bikers going straight don't abide by the rules, so please stay alert when turning the corner!
Updated May 17 2017
Getting To and From Campus
Campus Address: Levantkaj 4-14, 2150 Nordhavn
Closest Intersection: Stubbeløbgade/Sundkrogsgade.
From the North or South: Turn from Kalkbrænderihavnsgade onto Sundkrogsgade to enter the harbor area. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.
From the West: Vordingborggade becomes Sundkrogsgade. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.
A separated bike path along Sundkrogsgade has now been created. A two lane bike path has also been created from the Sundkrogsgade/Stubbeløbgade intersection to school.
#27 to Stubbeløbgade (Sundkrogsgade) (from Østerport St., via back overpass). From Østerport: 5:49 - 19:08, From school: 6:00 - 19:30 (schedule)
#166 to Stubbeløbgade (Sundkrogsgade) (from Hellerup St.) From Hellerup: 6:28 - 15:08, From school: 7:06 - 9:12, 13:46 - 17:53 (schedule) Note: On the schedule, “Skudehavnsvej” is close to the school stop, where the bus turns around. The time listed there will be close to the time at Stubbeløbgade.
Overview Bus Map
The closest S-train stop is Nordhavn.
Walking/biking from Nordhavn train station: Head north on Østbanegade toward Hjørringgade. Turn right onto Vordingborggade. Continue onto Sundkrogsgade. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.It is also possible to pick up the bus at Kalkbrænderihavnsgade (Sundkrogsgade).
Turn right at the Stubbeløbgade/Sundkrogsgade intersection.
Updated January 30 2017
Click here for information about Simply Cooking at CIS (menus, prices, and card loading)
Food available during day
Drinks and snacks will be on on sale throughout the day (7:45 - 17:00). Parents and other community members can pay by credit card or cash.
Student Lunch, grades 1- 12
Starting Jan 9, grade 1 - 12 students can purchase lunch each day. Students will pay with their ID cards. Students will receive ID cards on January 9. Teachers will keep cards for younger students.
To load money onto the card for your child
Carefully follow these Instructions. Charge up the card in the first few days of school. Discuss with your child what they are allowed to buy.
Student Lunch, grades preK - K: Happy Food
Starting Jan 16, students in preK and K can order meals. Happy Food must be ordered every two weeks, and 1-10 meals can be ordered each time. Orders for the first two weeks must be made by Wednesday, Jan 11.
To order Happy Food for your child, please fill out this form. After you have filled in the form, you will get a return email with payment instructions.
Students can bring lunch. Due to fire code regulations, there will not be any microwaves for heating food in the cafeteria.
Yellow Safety Vests
Everybody is welcome to pick up a safety vest at reception. (Unfortunately we have now run out of Large safety vests).
CIS branded reflectors have been handed out to all students.We recommend that all students who walk or bike to school wear a safety vest and/or a reflector.
Updated January 30 2017
Parents can exchange their old ID cards for new ones at reception.
Payment of School Fees
The business office is moving away from cash function. Starting in January, payments must be made by bank transfer or Mobilepay. Cash will not be accepted (Only exception is adults buying food in the cafeteria).