Parking is available in the lot adjacent to campus (137 spaces.) Rates are set by Copenhagen Kommune. As of Monday January 30th fees apply to the car park. The first 30 minutes are free but please remember to get a ticket at the machine anyway or use the easy:park app. The code for the CIS car park is 4173. NB: 30 minute tickets are not currently available but they will be very soon.
Under the 15 minute signs along the car park, you can park for 15 minutes for free. No ticket is needed but please remember to set your parking clock!
Updated January 30 2017
As you may have noticed, By & Havn have now (January 31) temporarily disabled the ticket machine, pending adjustments to allow for 30 minute tickets to be issued. So until further notice, parking fees do not apply. However, please keep a close eye on the ticket machine as you arrive, as we have not been officially informed of any of these changes but have had to contact By & Havn ourselves to find out.
Updated January 31 2017
On-going dialogue with local authorities
LATEST NEWS:The bike lane on the north side of Sundkrogsgade has now been shielded by mini-barriers which will remain in place until a dedicated bike lane has been established.
The technical director of By & Havn has confirmed in writing that they will do what the can to speed up the processes of establishing the traffic light and the dedicated bike path.
Updated February 20
The local area (Levantkaj, Stubbeløbgade and Sundkrogsgade) is owned by By & Havn. But Copenhagen Kommune (and the Copenhagen police) are the road authorities.
Before the Nordhavn Campus opened, the school contacted all major road users arund Sundkrogsgade, including the Container Port, the Cruise Terminal and the Metro Company. Posters and flyers were created to let drivers know of the school's existence and we're in regular contact with all of these organizations, reporting back to them whenever we observe dangerous situations, such as drivers speeding or using handheld mobiles - and whenever we witness commendable conduct on the part of drivers which is fortunately the norm.
Members of the CIS Administration keep an ongoing dialogue with both the Kommune and By & Havn. Among the issues that we are working on are:
- "Ny skole" (New School) signs have been put up and we are in contact with all major road users (Container Terminal, Metro Company and Cruise Terminal) to ensure that truck drivers know we exist and that they take extra care;
- We have requested (and been promised) more frequent and more thorough cleaning of Sundkrogsgade because of the many trucks transporting dirt from the Metro building site. (P.S. The number of these trucks will decrease in coming weeks as the Metro is fully excavated); the road will be swept three times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). By & Havn will also regularly pressure-wash the road in coming months;
- By & Havn have agreed to re-striping deteriorated lines on the road, including the parts where the bike lane is not raised;
- The Metro Company have been asked to create a zebra crossing and/or to paint a blue bike lane by Helsinkigade (the first road on your right coming from the PFA building towards CIS); this should happen very soon;
- A push-button light signal by the island crossing has now been approved and all the necessary technical equipment has been ordered. The estimated completion timeline is mid-March but we keep pressing for an earlier completion.
- Cars turning the corner at Stubbeløbgade in the morning: It is quite difficult for drivers to see those bikes who continue straight on Sundkrogsgade. We have asked By & Havn to revisit the striping and they have in turn asked the responsible contractor to look at it again;
- The "short cut" through Nordhavn, via Southhamptongade: By & Havn have been ordered by the police and kommune (supported by the Metro company) to block off the "short cut". As you can see from this map, the area is already being used by heavy Metro trucks and this heavy traffic will only increase in coming months. On the map you can see a gate where the purple road meets the green road: This gate is where Metro trucks carrying dirt, and in coming months huge concrete elements for the construction of the station, where these trucks enter and exit the building site. To have (young) pedestrians and bikers use the same road is not safe and the authorities, as well as the Metro company, will not accept it.
Updated February 6 2017
Getting To and From Campus
Campus Address: Levantkaj 4-14, 2150 Nordhavn
Closest Intersection: Stubbeløbgade/Sundkrogsgade.
From the North or South: Turn from Kalkbrænderihavnsgade onto Sundkrogsgade to enter the harbor area. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.
From the West: Vordingborggade becomes Sundkrogsgade. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.
A separated bike path along Sundkrogsgade has now been created. A two lane bike path has also been created from the Sundkrogsgade/Stubbeløbgade intersection to school.
#27 to Stubbeløbgade (Sundkrogsgade) (from Østerport St., via back overpass). From Østerport: 5:49 - 19:08, From school: 6:00 - 19:30 (schedule)
#166 to Stubbeløbgade (Sundkrogsgade) (from Hellerup St.) From Hellerup: 6:28 - 15:08, From school: 7:06 - 9:12, 13:46 - 17:53 (schedule) Note: On the schedule, “Skudehavnsvej” is close to the school stop, where the bus turns around. The time listed there will be close to the time at Stubbeløbgade.
Overview Bus Map
The closest S-train stop is Nordhavn.
Walking/biking from Nordhavn train station: Head north on Østbanegade toward Hjørringgade. Turn right onto Vordingborggade. Continue onto Sundkrogsgade. Turn right onto Stubbeløbgade.It is also possible to pick up the bus at Kalkbrænderihavnsgade (Sundkrogsgade).
Turn right at the Stubbeløbgade/Sundkrogsgade intersection.
Updated January 30 2017
Click here for information about Simply Cooking at CIS (menus, prices, and card loading)
Food available during day
Drinks and snacks will be on on sale throughout the day (7:45 - 17:00). Parents and other community members can pay by credit card or cash.
Student Lunch, grades 1- 12
Starting Jan 9, grade 1 - 12 students can purchase lunch each day. Students will pay with their ID cards. Students will receive ID cards on January 9. Teachers will keep cards for younger students.
To load money onto the card for your child
Carefully follow these Instructions. Charge up the card in the first few days of school. Discuss with your child what they are allowed to buy.
Student Lunch, grades preK - K: Happy Food
Starting Jan 16, students in preK and K can order meals. Happy Food must be ordered every two weeks, and 1-10 meals can be ordered each time. Orders for the first two weeks must be made by Wednesday, Jan 11.
To order Happy Food for your child, please fill out this form. After you have filled in the form, you will get a return email with payment instructions.
Students can bring lunch. Due to fire code regulations, there will not be any microwaves for heating food in the cafeteria.
Yellow Safety Vests
Everybody is welcome to pick up a safety vest at reception. (Unfortunately we have now run out of Large safety vests).
CIS branded reflectors have been handed out to all students.We recommend that all students who walk or bike to school wear a safety vest and/or a reflector.
Updated January 30 2017
Parents can exchange their old ID cards for new ones at reception.
Payment of School Fees
The business office is moving away from cash function. Starting in January, payments must be made by bank transfer or Mobilepay. Cash will not be accepted (Only exception is adults buying food in the cafeteria).