Copenhagen International School is an inclusive school.
Our Student Support Services Department offers a continuum of supports to help students experience success in academic programs while attending our school. We strive to provide comprehensive and coordinated support services to students with a wide variety of needs. Please see the Student Support Services page for detailed information about our programs
If your child currently receives support in school, you are kindly requested to inquire about whether CIS will be able to continue the required support before starting the application process.
In order for us to conduct a complete review of your child’s learning profile, the following documents need to be forwarded to us in due time before your anticipated application:
- Current evaluation report(s) (no more than three years old) including psychoeducational, speech and language, physical or occupational, medical reports indicating specific diagnosis, health records and needs pertinent to an educational program
- Most recently signed Individual Education Plan (IEP)/International Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Academic Progress Reports from the past two years.
This information will assist us in determining if we can support your child’s educational needs. We may also request a meeting with you, your child and or the teachers currently working with your child, in order to have a complete picture of what is required for him/her to be successful in our school. Once the pre-review is completed, we will let you know the next steps.
We offer the following continuum of learning support within our school:
- Mild: The student receives support services in a combination of classroom support, small group instruction, and/or accommodations up to 15% of the instructional time.
- Moderate: The student receives support services in a combination of classroom support, small group instruction, and/or accommodations for up to 30% of the instructional time.
- Intensive: The student receives support services in a combination of classroom support, small group instruction and/or accommodations for up to 60% of the instructional time.
- Intensive Plus: The student receives accommodations and/or individualized instruction provided by learning support staff for the majority of the school day including a combination of classroom support, support during lunch, breaks, and transitions dependent on need.
2019-20 Learning support fees:
Learning support fees are in addition to regular tuition for students at each grade level. Invoices will be sent in two installments, one in September 2019 and one in March 2020.
- Moderate 46.000 DKK/year
- Intensive 77.000 DKK/year
- Intensive Plus 148.000 DKK/year
- Accommodation Plan No fee
- Early Intervention No fee
- Pre referral support No fee
- Mild No fee
- Speech and language therapy 800 DKK/hour
- Occupational therapy 800 DKK/hour