Sign Up Forms
- NECIS Winter Sign up form for Grades 5-12 on this LINK.
- Autumn - Girls Volleyball, Boys Football, Cross Country
- Winter - Boys and Girls Basketball, Swimming
- Spring - Girls Football, Boys and Girls Track and Field, Tennis (tentative)
- CIS Winter Sports Club Sign up form for Grades 1-12 on this LINK.
- Winter Football
- Skjold Hawks Football - Boys and Girls (Grade 1-4) and Boys (Grade 5-12) - Divided into three seasons
- Winter Football
The Atheltic Office is working on new sign up system for NECIS Spring seasons and this will take effect in March.
Season Start Dates
- Skjold Hawks Winter Football (Grade 1-4 Boys and Girls) - First practice of Winter season is on Wednesday October 24 (U7&U8 -16.00-17.00 and U9&U10 - 16.00-17.30) at Ryparken Idrætsanlæg. After that practices will move indoors and teams will practice on Sunday morning. Winter season will start in October and finish at the end of March.
- Skjold Hawks Winter Football (Grade 5-12 Boys) - Start date November 15 at Ryparken Idrætsanlæg.
- NECIS Boys and Girls Basketball (Grade 5-12) - First practice in the week of November 19. Season end - March 16 or 24.
- NECIS Swimming - It is still possible to join swim team. Season end - March 24.
- Grand Prix Volleyball (Grades 5-12) - First practice November 21. Season end - May.
Winter Schedule 2018/2019
Practice Schedule - on this link
Off Campus Practice Facilities - Directions
Please check this link for more information.
Welcome to Sports at CIS
Building Resilience, Teamwork and Integrity
Welcome to the Copenhagen International School Athletics Program for 2018-2019. The Athletics Program provides opportunities for students to develop their potential in sports while participating in a competitive and fun environment.
CIS recognizes that sport is one of the best vehicles by which we foster essential life skills that prepare our students for the educational experience and their final journey into adult life!
The Athletics Program aims to
fosterin students the life skills of collaboration, commitment, discipline, perseverance, self-reliance, teamwork and sportsmanship: the qualities of resilience, teamwork and integrity. educatestudents about the importance of an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle. promoteand develop the IBO Learner profile that guides our daily interaction with our athletes. Those principles guide our students to be Enquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-minded, Caring, Risk-takers, Balanced and Reflective. instillin our students a passion for sport that promotes a positive and inspiring school environment.
To achieve our objectives, CIS is a member of NECIS, the Northern European Council of International Schools. NECIS organizes international tournaments where schools from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg meet to compete in a variety of sports. Participation in the NECIS Athletics Program is open primarily to grade 5 through grade 12.
Additionally, through the CIS Sports Club, students in grades 1-12 are given opportunities to participate in organized practices and competitions against local Danish Sports Clubs.
Whether NECIS or the CIS Sports Club, students must commit to two practices a week with games on the weekend. Those selected to the NECIS teams must also commit to the final NECIS tournaments held in a variety of international venues across Northern Europe.
Finally, CIS prides itself on the quality of our coaches who not only effectively teach the fundamentals of the
The Athletics Department looks forward to another fun and rewarding experience this year as we take on the fierce competition.