The following is important information on how to sign up for NECIS sports. As you fill out this form, please sign-up for all sports that you are interested in trying out for this year. This allows effective planning in terms of coaching staff and transportation.
Please note the following:
- Sports teams, for the most part, are open to students in grades 5-12 except for swimming where students in grade 4 may particpate and tennis where which is open to students in grades 6-12.
- Due to restrictions on the number of students who can play in the final NECIS tournaments, coaches must eventually select the travelling team. The travelling team is selected often within the first two to three weeks at the beginning of the season.
- While selection does take place early, changes may happen during the season based on an athlete's skill development and attitude.
- Those students who are not chosen for the tournament team are encouraged to stay on to continue developing skills for the next year. For the athletes who are not selected for the travelling team, alternative practices will be offered if required.
- The cost for each student who signs up for a sport is 700 DKK for the season with the exception of swimming which is 1500 DKK. This base fee helps to pay for coaching, equipment and cost of facilities. The season fee is paid after the first two weeks of the beginning of the season and is non-refundable.
- Those students selected for the travelling team will be billed separately for Hamburg games and the final NECIS tournament at the end of each season.
- If an athlete cannot afford the trip cost, support may be provided; those seeking financial help need to contact the athletics director.
Trip costs are the following:
- Hamburg Friendlies: 600 DKK
- NECIS Tournaments 3000-4000 DKK
On behalf of the Athletics Department, we look forward to seeing new and familiar faces for a fantastic year of sport!
If you have any further questions, please mail the Athletics Director at email@example.com.